Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday Blues

My two older children left this afternoon, bound for North Carolina to visit with their dad & family. :( They didn't go last year. I thought once they were older, it'd be easier to let them go, but it isn't. I tried to put on a brave face when they left, but when my youngest started to cry, it was all over.

My daughter's lifeline is her tracfone. She broke it on the way down--the antenna. So she called me sobbing. Didn't help my mood.
Then, once I calmed down, I took my g'ma to visit my mom. She's in a rehabilitation center for now. Her left leg doesn't want to work real good--because of the nerve. They said possibly twelve days there, but she's hoping they spring her faster. She has to use a walker to get around, because she doesn't feel steady on her feet. We were there for like five hours and after a while, it gets rather depressing being in a facility like that. But her spirits are up and they say she's improving by the minute. ^ Five mom.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

(((HUGS))) on losing your babies for the summer, I know how much you miss them when they're gone. Good to hear your Mom is improving, too.

6/12/2006 12:50:00 AM  
Blogger Stacy Dawn said...

Ouch, you've had a rough time.

Here's hoping the kids stay safe, your mom stays on the quick mend, and you feel better.

6/12/2006 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Heather, thank you for the hugs. They'll be back the weekend of July 1st. So while it isn't *all* summer, it sure feels like it.

Thanks, Stacy

6/12/2006 01:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home