Friday, June 16, 2006

I just want your extra time and your KISS

Okay, so while I profess that I'm not good at talking about myself, I mean it. Which is why sometimes it takes friends to encourage me to put myself out there and try something new. They usually have to bend, twist and finally dare me--double dog dare me into submission. This was the case when Donica Covey twisted my arm behind my back and made me beg for mercy.

Donica persuaded me into submitting a kiss to ecataromance. You know, the same gracious people with whom I did my very first chat with as an author. I really love the first kiss Eddie and Grace share and it was so fun to write that I thought I'll use that one. Lo' and behold, it was picked. My "yummy" smooch was selected as "Smooch of the Day".

Now, in keeping it real, when I read the email, I did the cabbage patch, or at least my version of it and my youngest son aka J-Man wanted to know what a smooch was. So, I grabbed his little face and kissed him. He said "ooh" and did a little wiggle. "Mommy's in loooove"

"With who?" asks his dad.

A dramatic eyeroll ensues. "With me, silly! Who else?"

Thank you so much to ecataromance.com!

9 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Congrats on being the "Smooch of the Day" and ROFL at the exchange between you and your son. ;-)

Oh, and thanks for the plug in your earlier post. Talk about catching a body off-guard! (But in a nice way!)

6/16/2006 01:28:00 AM  
Blogger Stacy Dawn said...

Congratulations and oh how cuuuute!

6/16/2006 08:07:00 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Thank you Heather and you're very welcome. Sorry, I shoulda warned you. But hey, nothing like a surprise and that is an awesome article!

Stacy, thank you sooo much. I appreciate everything you do and say.

6/16/2006 01:13:00 PM  
Blogger Donica Covey said...

YAY!!!! SMOOCH OF THE DAY! Thats was quick huh?

Hope that arm twisting didnt hurt too much! Have fun and I hioe toi chat again SOON!!!

Huggles,
Donica

6/16/2006 03:57:00 PM  
Blogger JoJo said...

YAY for 'Smooch of the day' and *lol* cause I can see J doin it....lil butt wiggle included in the 'Mommy's in looove?'

*hehehe*

I'll be over at Ethnic days prolly if your interested in joining me for a bit....

6/16/2006 03:58:00 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

AWESOME!! May each great review and each spotlight moment like this one bring you a little closer to the security you damn well deserve ;)

You rocketh!

6/16/2006 07:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Kris Starr said...

That's amazing, doll! Congratulations!

And your little man is adorable! :D

What a great day for you!

6/17/2006 07:23:00 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Donica, nah, it didn't hurt too bad! Thanks for the help.

Jodie, thanks! And thanks for the offer. We brought mom home today. She'll be staying with us for awhile. =)

Ann, thank you. You rocketh too!

Kris, thanks so much. He is adorable and hilarious.

6/18/2006 12:43:00 AM  
Blogger Jenna Harte said...

Congrats! And thank you for visiting my blog. I'm thrilled to have a published author visit my humble blog about a wannabe writer:) I hope you don't mind if I add your blog to my blogroll!

Jenna

6/18/2006 08:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home