Thursday, June 22, 2006

Hair today, gone tomorrow....

I can't stand my hair. It's lifeless and for some unknown reason is deciding to turn red. Age? Have I mentioned they called my grandfather "Red" ? Apparently, the older I get, his genetics are showing up in my hair folicles.

I have to take my mom to physical therapy this afternoon. Where it is, there are three beauty places/spa's. My favorite is over there, so that's where I'll be headed once I get her settled in. It occured to me, one of the things stopping me from going to the local bookstores is my appearance. I don't think it'd be wise to show up in a baseball cap proclaiming "I'm a new romance author." I think a short and sexy cut--something easy for this fine-haired girl to fix and style is just what the DR. ordered.

There's a woman whose son plays baseball with mine. She's become my new PR person. Hi, Beth! She has the greatest hair!

I need a pick-me-up. I need rid of this hair. It's shorter on the one side because the last person who cut it did it with a hack-saw. Okay, so she really didn't have a saw...I wish Tory from this next book coming in the fall was real enough to jump out of the book and give me the haircut I deserve. But, she's only in my head and no way would she tell me to pick up scissors to walk me through it. '-)

Anyone else have trouble with their hair?

4 Comments:

Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

I'm having a color crisis right now. I'd like to have more contrast--lighter highlights and darker lowlights. But I can't really achieve that myself and I can't afford regular salon visits.

Color me in a hair bind at the moment *gg*

6/22/2006 12:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Eileen said...

I've highlighted for YEARS. This last time I went back to my brown. Everyone is raving about it. Apparently I've looked bad for a decade or so. Who knew.

6/22/2006 06:32:00 PM  
Blogger Danica/Dream said...

I'm having a crisis too. I'm starting to gray and well, it's depressing, but I've never colored. And I'm chicken to do anything about it.

That last pic you showed me of you-I liked your hair! I even had hair envy!

6/23/2006 01:40:00 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Ann, you ALWAYS have great hair! I hear ya on not being able to afford getting foiled on a regular basis. I'm going to stick to regular highlights out of a box. *gg*

Eileen, you know, I only recently started highlighting and well, I miss the blonde streaks. I'm sure you didn't look bad. My problem is that I have my parents color and my grandmother's fair complexion and when it gets dark, I feel like it washes me out.

Danica, do not have hair envy. It took me hours to achieve that look and the more it grew out, the less that look happened and I ended up having to push the hair behind my ears and it looked like I had a mullet. So, I had my guy mess with it and he tried his best, but I KNEW I had to go seek professional help and an old buddy from school hooked me up. =) Once I get the highlights in it later today, I'll get someone to take a picture of it. My guy got out of the car and walked up to me and said "hey, sexy" and he is always wanting me to grow it long. Although he couldn't stop kissing me this evening or looking at me. That, my friends is how you know you've made a major improvement. I know he loves me, but there's something about getting your hair done and well them noticing. When you feel better about yourself, I think the fermones let loose. ;)

6/23/2006 02:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home