Saturday, June 10, 2006

Calling All Readers

I guess that means you.

I'm rewriting a lot of "The Last Thing I Wanted" and as I was writing it occured to me that Tory and Gabe have a past. Grace and Eddie have a past. Callie and Jackson do not have a past.

Is it wrong to have two back to back books in which the hero and heroine know each other in the past? I can write about strangers falling in love. Really, I can. I didn't realize when I changed Gabe's profession that this whole story was going to pop out and it really does make the story pop, along with my voice.

Whaddaya think?

7 Comments:

Blogger JoJo said...

Honey, I've read I think every romance story you've written, and you can make any scenario hot..... I don't think there anything wrong with bringing in someone new....after all, how many old friends or flames can you bring back from the past?


How's mom? I need an update...call me!

6/10/2006 02:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Eileen said...

It would work for me. I think a lot of authors have a theme. Ever notice every Anita Shreve book seems to have infidelity? It took me a few to notice. I still like her stuff- I don't think- geez another cheater.

6/10/2006 08:59:00 PM  
Blogger Shannon Stacey said...

I've got back to back secret babies from Samhain, hon. *ggg*

Don't sweat it.

6/10/2006 09:17:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy Dawn said...

I don't think it matters either as long as the stories themselves are different

6/11/2006 08:29:00 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Thank you Jodie, Eileen, Shannon and Stacey. =)

6/11/2006 09:44:00 PM  
Blogger Jessica Raymond said...

Dare I say... "it's all in the execution"? LOL! I don't think it would matter at all :)

6/16/2006 05:29:00 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Jessica, of course you had to say it's ALL IN THE EXECUTION. Famous last words. LOL

6/16/2006 01:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home