Monday, May 29, 2006

Catch Up...sorta

Thank you to all of you who've come over and commented on either my book, my daughter or both. We both really appreciate it.

We've had family in from Alabama. Growing up and having all three of my uncles in the Air Force always made their visits special. I haven't seen my Uncle Bob in about three or four years. He brought with him his fiance' and she seems really nice.I liked visiting with her and talking to her. I asked him one question. "are you happy?" he said, yes very. That was all that mattered. Besides, he doesn't interfere in my life, so I'm not going to in his. =)

His son, my cousin ended up here. He drove down from Boston and is driving back up there tomorrow. He and I were extremely close--depsite living in different states. When they lived in Ohio, our families would travel back and forth. Then, when they moved, that stopped and we kinda fell out of touch. We had an exceptional good visit with a whole lot of laughs and then, of course I handed him my laptop. Long story short and alot of cursing and mumbling on his part, I am reinstalling windows on my POS laptop. The good news, he showed me how to network the lap and the desk top. So, I was able to move everything to here, effortlessly. The bad news--the noise I heard wasn't the actual hard drive but the mechanics that make it work. In other words, there is a new laptop in my future. =)

I cried when my cousin left our home this evening. He promised to stay in touch and the sucker added me to his msn, so now he's forced to deal with me--lmao.

I had fifteen people at my house today and I still have enough food to feed an Army. I'm beat and reinstalling is the last thing I want to be doing, but alas here I am. Although the majority of it is going to have to be done tomorrow. And, did I mention my kids have screwed up the desktop as well...that's next to get rehauled and then I doubt I'll let them touch this.

I hope you enjoy whatever festivities you're going to do today--for those of you not in the states--Happy Monday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danica/Dream said...

Yep, doing my weekly rounds, it's been a weird week. I keep saying that, don't I? I guess I'd better accept that life will never be normal. :)

I'm glad you had a good visit with the family. You needed that.

5/29/2006 02:43:00 AM  
Blogger Stacy Dawn said...

Busy, busy...I hope you get to take a break on this holiday LOL.

5/29/2006 08:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home