Monday, January 23, 2006

Dubbed by Daisy

Let me start this with saying that Daisy Dexter Dobbs is a gem. She had the exercise I told you about--well, two actually. One was on Aliases and the other was on chosing a character name. It was really interesting to see the other methods that writers use to create the names of their beloved hero's and heroines. Why or Why not they chose a pseudonym. We had to create a name using three things AND find an unusual obituary. Daisy then compiled all of these and added them to her blog post. She colored them differently AND she dubbed us. Here's what she said about me: Rae Scott: Real Name: Heather Rae Scott. Goes by Rae. She feels 'Heather' is too common and might consider a pseudonym in the future. Possible Pseudonym: Tavin. Because it's an unusual and beautiful name. 3-Word Character Name: Jetta Baxter Armstrong Interesting Tidbit: Rae's daughter goes to school with a boy named Bicardi Obit Gem: Diodato "Teddy" Adorante. Born June 1, 1930, in Guardiagrelle, Italy, he was a son of the late Donato and Ersila Adorante. He lived in Pennsylvania since arriving in the United States in 1949. Method: Looking for names in movies, books and soaps. Dubbed by Daisy: Annie Border Baxter She did this for every person who participated on her blog. You should check it out. '-) And you can tell me what you think about my name. *gg*

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen Scott said...

Hey Rae, the blog template looks fab!

1/24/2006 06:16:00 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Karen,

I have you to thank for that. Love yours as well!

1/24/2006 08:42:00 PM  
Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Thanks so much for the mention, Rae! :-D

Compiling all this information was great fun, and I’m getting lots of e-mails from readers who love it! Of course, now I’m way behind on my blog commenting (not to mention my writing).

Thanks again for contributing, Rae. And I love what you told me about your grandmother’s name. What a lovely coincidence!

1/25/2006 02:33:00 PM  
Blogger Nadine A. said...

Diodato is my grandfather....haha what is this??

2/04/2009 02:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home